As the library slowly reopens, we would like to share with you an overview of how our new zero-contact loan service works, as well as the timeline for additional services to resume.
As of Monday, May 25, we began accepting reservations of items for loan (a maximum of five per card).
Reservations can be made:
- by logging into your account on the library portal biblio.pointe-claire.ca
- via email : email@example.com
- by telephone : 514-630-1218 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During this first week a small number of staff members were reintroduced back into the work place, respecting government distancing guidelines, and introduced to the following new loan procedures.
- Employees receive reservation lists in chronological order of when they were made. It is important for all reservations to be placed on the same day at the same time to avoid multiple pick-up times. Reservations made on multiple days cannot be cross-referenced;
- Staff retrieve all available items from the shelves;
- Patrons are contacted by telephone to arrange a pick-up date;
- Once a pick-up date has been established, reservations are converted to loans as of the pick-up date (which will have included a five day quarantine period);
- Loaned documents are placed in a paper bag, identified by order of appointment for that day as well as the loan receipt;
- Finally, bags are placed in order of appointment on a table reserved for that pick-up date.
Monday, June 1st, was the first day of contactless pick-up.
- Many tables of packages await pick-up by appointment;
- To avoid line-ups and crowds, there is strict adherence to the window of time allowed for each appointment, limited to 32 pick-ups per day;
- Patrons can enter the Central Library first set of doors and show their card to the staff member who is inside the library;
- Patrons are requested to move away from the door, while staff brings their bag of documents from inside the library to a table that is set up between the sets of doors;
- The public is not allowed inside the building, and MULTI Cards do not need to be scanned;
- At this time, all documents have a 3 week loan period, regardless of the regular lending policy;
- Reservations that are not picked up at the appointed time are removed. The patron will need to make a new reservation and appointment for pick-up.
Monday, June 8 the return chutes reopen. Opening hours for the chutes are Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Reopening of the chutes has been delayed until this date to allow staff to implement the new loan system without having to incorporate all the new safety protocols that will be required for incoming materials;
- All items returned to the library as of this date will be gathered, placed in quarantine for five days, then finally returned in our system;
- Fines are relaxed at this time to account for the delays in returns and to discourage everyone from returning items all at once.
Thank you for your patience as we all learn to navigate this new system; we remain available and happy to help you should you require any assistance.