Canada is 150 years old!
Show us what you know by participating in our trivia quiz!
We will post five questions every second week from February to November.
If you answer all five questions correctly, we will enter your name in the draw. Every two weeks, answer the quiz and you will have another chance to win. Prizes will be awarded every three months.
“Googling” is permitted!
Here are the answers for Quiz #5’s questions :
- Considered an all time best-selling Canadian novel, its first printing was done more than a 100 years ago. It is mandatory reading in Japan’s foreign literature classes. In which province does the action take place? Answer : Anne of Green Gables takes place in Prince Edward Island.
- The Brownie is considered an early 20th century American creation. Who is the Quebec-born author and illustrator who created a series of books, stories and poems that inspired the name? Answer : Mr. Palmer Cox, also known as “the Victorian Walt Disney”
- Which writer decided to send former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper a new book to read every two weeks for three years, in order to encourage an interest in arts and culture? Answer : Yann Martel
- Mordecai Richler’s first published book was The Acrobats. His actual first book was never published. What was the title? Answer : The Rotten People
- Which Canadian writer (Pierre Berton, Michael Ondaatje, Margaret Atwood or Robertson Davies) once said : “Men who are attractive to most women are rarities, in this country at any rate. I think that it is because a man, to be attractive, must be free to give his whole time to it, and the Canadian male is so hounded by taxes and the rigours of our climate, that he is lucky to be alive, without being irresistible as well.” Answer: Robertson Davies
Congratulations to everyone with all the right answers! You are now eligible for the next prize draw!
Mother’s Day is celebrated on May 14th this year. How many milestones in the history of Canadian motherhood will you correctly answer? Find out by clicking on the sixth quiz!
Click to take quiz #6