Canada is 150 years old!
Show us what you know by participating in our trivia quiz!
We will post five questions every second week from February to November.
If you answer all five questions correctly, we will enter your name in the draw. Every two weeks, answer the quiz and you will have another chance to win. Prizes will be awarded every three months.
“Googling” is permitted!
Here are the answers for Quiz #1’s questions :
- What city has been called the “The Birthplace of Canada”? Answer : Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, the site of the first conference on Confederation in 1864
- How many red maple leaves were on Pearson’s preferred design for a new Canadian flag, unveiled in May 1964? Answer : three
- When Canada was formed in 1867, what was the maximum yearly salary a member of Parliament could earn? Answer : 600$
- Which of Canada’s 23 prime ministers is the only one to have had a medical degree? Answer : Charles Tupper, the sixth Prime Minister (May 1st- July 8th 1896)
- Where (which province) in Canada did women first get the legal right to vote? Answer: Manitoba, on January 28th, 1916.
Congratulations to the ones who had all the good answers! You’re now eligible for the next prize draw!
The Academy Awards were celebrated on Feb. 26th. Let’s see how well you can answer the questions on quiz #2, which are all related to Canadians in Hollywood’s history!
Click to take quiz #2